Do you want to enjoy the benefits of orthodontic treatment, but still need a little help to reduce recovery time? If so, it is always important to follow the instruction guidelines laid out by your orthodontist at Best Dentistry to ensure a timely and effective oral health treatment plan.
To improve your treatment plan, here are just a few helpful orthodontic tips for optimum oral health care:
– Always be sure to visit your orthodontist at Best Dentistry for all your regularly scheduled appointments and adjustments. Any skipped sessions could delay your recovery time and hamper your treatment effectiveness.
– Take extra caution when protecting your teeth and braces. If you are doing any strenuous activity, such as winter sports, or contact sports, be sure to wear proper safety gear such as helmets, mouth guards, and face protectors.
– If you should suffer an oral accident which damages your braces, use your orthodontist-provided wax until a visit can be made to fix your braces,
– Always make sure to practice safe and effective oral hygiene habits, including brushing and flossing your teeth. Use dental tools that are specially designed for braces.
– Certain foods and snacks can get lodged between your teeth and braces. If possible, avoid harmful products that can get stuck in these areas.
– If you have a retainer, always make sure it is cleaned adequately.
For more tips and helpful hints to keep your braces at their best, please contact Best Dentistry to schedule an appointment or oral exam. Our office is located in Seattle, Washington, and we can be reached by calling us at 206-783-3000. We look forward to shaping your smile!