Are you genetically predisposed to sleep apnea? If you are, then the chances of you getting the disorder are much higher. Although sleep apnea is common, the effects can be devastating if treatment is not sought out. Here are a few other risk factors for sleep apnea:
– As you age, you become more vulnerable to sleep apnea disorder.
– Sleep apnea disorder can be the fault of an abnormally-sized portion of your body, including oversized tonsils, a large tongue, or a small jaw.
– As with many health disorders, you may be at an increased risk for sleep apnea based on your genetics and family history of the disorder.
– Nasal blockages and obstructions such as a deviated septum can increase your risk for sleep apnea.
– The possibility of sleep apnea can be increased if you are often the victim of sinus problems or nasal allergies.
– Although oral health disorders can transpire with anyone, they are frequently most common in men.
Sleep apnea may be the dentistry service you need. For an oral examination at Best Dentistry at our dentist office in Seattle, Washington, please book an appointment with Dr. Linh Nguyen and our team by calling 206-783-3000. We look forward to making your smile shine!